Thursday, July 19, 2012

Aha!  I just found the SAVE button.  I've been writing, distracted by something or other, and whenever I come back to the computer, what I wrote is GONE.  NO MORE!  I will use the save button and attempt to complete at least one thought.  And that thought for today is knitting with linen.  I recently went shopping and looked at the Eileen Fisher sweaters.  Good Grief, they're expensive!  Beautiful in their simplicity, so I made my own version of an Eileen Fisher cardigan for a lot less than a purchased one would cost.  Once I overheard a knitter tell her friend who was shopping for a sweater, 'I could knit that for...twice as much!'  Well, in the case of Eileen Fisher knits, you can knit a linen sweater for half as much!  Personally, I love linen.  I'm making another linen sweater--this time, a blend of cotton and linen in dark aqua and purple, that is unbelievably soft.  100% linen is not soft.  It's sturdy.  It's machine washable.  It takes color beautifully.  It's perfect for summer evenings, inside movie theaters and grocery stores, and for spring and fall.  So come in and have a look at Oodles' linens and get started on a late summer/early fall simple, classic, all purpose cardigan.

There is one class left for this month.  It's Short Rows which is scheduled for July 28th.  I'll probably change the date, so if you're interested in learning all that you can do with short rows and how to do them, call a knitting friend and I can schedule a class for the two of you at your convenience.  Actually, I can do that with any class--get at least two people together and I can teach at your convenience, except Mondays.  I'm keeping Mondays to myself and my grandkids. 

Well, I hope your summer is going swimmingly.  Stay cool.  (Oodles is air conditioned, ya know)  Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment