Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Another day, another blog.  I was thinking about which comes first--the yarn or the pattern.  Which way do you think is best?  I'd say, it depends.  (Don't you hate that answer, but it's true.)  Sometimes I get a new shipment of yarn and I HAVE to knit something out of it.  Maybe I'll knit up a swatch just to see what it looks and feels like, but usually I've already seen it knitted up at the yarn show.  Sometimes I see a pattern of a sweater I want to knit so badly I'll roam the store and pick out every yarn that might work, and lay it next to the picture of the pattern.  (I never have made quick decisions.  The word 'impulsive' doesn't even come easily to my brain.  I literally have to stop and try to retrieve the word from my brain whenever I want to use it, which, obviously is rare.)

Anyway, I'm about to finish a project using MaggiKnits' white cotton boucle short sleeved summer top with a 9" black square centered in the front.  I really love this sweater.  I still want to do a neck edge and of course I have to sew in the sleeves--oh, @#$&&)(*!!  I think I lost a sleeve.  Anyway, this sweater will be the first of my kits to go on sale. 

Next project will be...well, I'm not sure.  I just got some yarn from Universal called Whistle, which is 4.25 sts/in on a 5 needle.  I was going to knit the ice blue, but that color didn't come in with the order I placed.  Rats.  I have it in a cool grey and a luscious champagne color.  Hmm.  I have two projects to work on now (not counting the black and white one which is 99% done)--one is a baby sweater for my granddaughter, Bea, and one is a light aqua in *k1, yo, k3, slip the first of the 3 over the other 2*, repeat from * to*.  It's really pretty and it's a fun and easy lace.  I'm knitting it on Dyelot Yarn's 50/50 silk and bamboo.  But three projects isn't too much. 

So that's all for today, my knitting friends.  More later (maybe even tomorrow)
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment