Saturday, April 9, 2011

 Aw, Geez.  I finally figured out how to get here to blog then I lost what I'd written so I had to step away from the computer for a few minutes.

 My apologies for being negligent in keeping my blog up to date, but man, I've had trouble remembering how to get here.  Now, I think I've got it. 
And, on top of that, I started writing, even uploaded a photo of new yarn, then somehow it disapeared.  And on top of THAT, I just took a break to rip out every stitch I knitted yesterday on an entrelac baby blanket I'm knitting.  That called for a cookie break and another cup of coffee.  I'm much calmer now.

Welcome to springtime in the Rockies!  A time for warming up, sunny days, blue skies, pollen, fire danger, wind, digging up documents for the IRS, and, of course, knitting cool, summer tops.  It certainly beats spring in the midwest--cold rain, more rain, flooding, tornado sirens, allergies, and herbicide commercials on TV.  I do love Santa Fe.

Well, I have LOTS and LOTS of new spring and summer yarn and patterns to tell you about (and if all goes well, to show you on line.)  OHMYGOSH--where to start!  The UPS man has delivered oodles of colors, textures, and blends of great fibers waiting for you to create something gorgeous. 


Alp premier
 I'll start with Feza Yarn's Alp Premier.  It's over 200 yards of ribbon, glitz, shiny and matt combinations in fabulous color combinations.  They make great, fast scarves or shawles or trim on anything.  I also have Alp Natural, also from Feza.  
Alp natural

They are 230 yards of handspun linen, silk, cotton, and viscose in saturated solid colors with about 7 different textures.  Another yar from Feza is Nirvana.  It's 100% washible bamboo in multicolors.  It's what I'm making the baby blaket out of.  I'd like a blaket out of it for myself.  It's great to knit with, although it does split if you're not careful. 

Here's some really exciting news!  I just got Maggieknits yarn for the first time.  I have linen, cotton, and some accent slubby viscose to match.  I got a few of her pattern books, too.  You'll either love 'em or wonder why I bought them. 

But, wait...there's more.  For you Noro lovers, I have four summer weights of Noro yarn each in various colorways and pattern books to go with them.  Some yarns are smooth and knit up striped, some are bumpy and have all over multicolors. 

I also have sequined yarn in white, gold, silver, black, and red.  Need a wrap for this opera season or for a wedding reception?  These will knit up beautifully.  Knitted on big needles carried along with a little sparkle or silk, they'll make a heavenly, gossamer summer wrap in no time flat. 

Have you seen the newest ruffle-by-itself yarn?  I have some from Trendsetter that has been going fast.  I have a sample in the store you can see.  I wish I could include the photo of it, but nooooo, I can't seem to get any more photos from my photos to this page.  I give up.  I'm going to knit.

Hope to see you at Oodles soon.  Bev

1 comment:

  1. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, she's back.

    I have seen the yarn and it is to die for. Or certainly busting the budget to make something special. Now, after the project I am working on that may never end (at least in my perception), I just have to decide what to make.

    ReplyDelete